Monday, April 13, 2009

Whathappens When Mixing Unisom With Alcohol

+ flour + water + yeast

, bread, not just anything. I'd never been bitten by the curiosity and the only forays into the world of dating memories bakery school. But certainly never too late and suddenly I have been a terrible desire to reach into the flour and knead in direct contact with food that has been the most basic of all the power of our Western civilization. So, as a debut, I have ventured from the info that I could not go picking on the network, since the info available to me in my books is far from sufficient. From the fantastic Le bloc Pétrin I landed on the website of the host-chef Julia Child Lessons with Master Chefs "and the video Danielle Forestier has been more than developer so I followed his steps, imitating their gestures .


That'll tell you, got my hands on contact with water and flour. I've amassed, seen growing, as is the bread and I found magic. I think somehow the cultural baggage associated with the fact that bread has made me feel in touch with the essential reality of life. And I felt good in my kitchen with my hands buried in the dough and flour until the elbows. I have tried the following recipe quantities and then with mixtures of wheat flour and the result surprised me, very different texture to the dough and after cooking. With the strong flour, the texture of the crumb was light and dry with the flour mixture not as focused on bread crumb was moist and compact, more rustic, but equally delicious. The crust seemed rather improved. And I discovered that the bread is extremely photogenic ...


One of many bread recipes

500g of flour (in one case 100% strength, in another mix ...)
water 340g 1 / 2 square of yeast 25g (12.5 g or roughly)
salt 1 cdp

Mix water and flour to create a volcano and adding water slowly to the center (for details see the video). Knead by stretching the mixture on the marble. Let stand 1 hour (in my case not in the video).

banging Knead lightly floured table and folding the dough over itself. Turn 90 degrees and repeat. Knead well for 15min and used to incorporate the yeast and then, once the salt is well incorporated. Allow to ferment 2 hours covered with a floured cloth.

Separate dough into 2 halves of the same weight. Desj Bolearlas and relax without ever 10min to weigh. Make a double tourage "or" folding ", we like the puff pastry and then roll the dough over itself sealing the seam with the palm of your hand. Roll the cylinder by rolling it on the table and put on a cloth with a crease separating a stick and placing other rollers or cylinders at the ends to make them go up. Let rise 1 hour (although I left it overnight in the refrigerator, I like more, there is no sign of yeast flavor.)

Preheat oven to 250 º with a tazo of water to moisten the atmosphere and create crust before the bread rise. Make notches in the bars and sprinkle flour (they will be hardy anyway). Lower the oven to 210 º and put bars over 25min (40min for the loaf). Pan truth for a change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment